Saturday, December 26, 2009

December 8th through December 12th

Pretty Girls; Friends for Life



Tina made a fantastic Lasagna Dinner, and Samantha (above) made me an Excellent Birthday Cake just for me!!!






December 8th
Happy Birthday Tony!!



Carolina's Notes


I woke up very sick and in need of doctor’s care. Tony agreed to take me to a prompt care facility. I felt guilty Tony spending his day in a doctor’s office but he was a good sport. We did what we had to do while Tina worked. I was able to get to the doctor, get medicine and get showered and dressed before Tina and I visited.

Tina and her family rolled out the red carpet for Tony’s Birthday. Tina’s son’s girlfriend, Sam, baked the cake and Tina fixed dinner. We all ate, drank and made merry. Tina’s son, Mark even helped me to get Tony a card and a small birthday gift. I enjoyed the party and all it offered, despite having a Mac Truck weighing on my chest from my cold. I had a great day but I could do without being sick. I am glad we had a good day together…all of us!




Tony's Notes


Had a great birthday party. Tina made an excellent Lasagna Dinner, and Samantha made me an excellent birthday cake. It is my last time turning forty something; next year is the big 50.

December 9th

Carolina’s Notes
I woke up still feeling lousy but today was the day Tina had off and we were going to hang out. Tina unexpectedly was called into a work meeting. Tony and I did what we had to do while Tina attended a work meeting. The meeting was unexpected but it all worked out. I was able to rest, eat, get showered and dressed before Tina and me visited.

Once we were all together we visited for hours. We then decided to go out to dinner so Tony and me could eat real North Carolina BBQ. WE had one stop before we went. We dropped Sam off at work. Tony and I shopped around where she works then proceeded to dinner. We had a nice time until I had a coughing spell and had to get home to take some medicine.

Tina and I ran back out to pick up Sam and to run some errands. Once we were all back home, Tony showed Tina, Mark and Sam some of our Sabbatical Pictures not on Facebook or Recipe for Life Blog. It was time for the working stiffs to go to bed so we all went to bed. I had another coughing spell which made settling into bed troublesome. It was about forty-five minutes later then I was fast asleep. I was glad because I don’t want to keep Tony up or get him sick. Anyway I finally got to bed.


December 10th
Carolina’s Notes
I woke up coughing my head off. Tony helped me get medicine and some food so I wouldn’t become nauseous. Tony has been playing nursemaid and doing a fantastic job. I don’t know what I do without him. Tony and I hung out in the RV until I was ready to venture out.

He took me to try some chicken at Bojangles and to the local library to get some work done. Then Tony was going to cook for Tina and her family. We went grocery shopping to get the supplies for dinner. It is amazing that when Tony asked for a whole strip loin the whole store sprung into action. The store clerks did what they could to accommodate Tony but in the end their pricing was excessive. Tony purchased what was already cut in the counter. We arrived back at Tina’s house and no one was home so this gave us a chance to get our barrings instead of a hungry mob gazing at us. Eventually everyone got home. Tony cooked a great meal and we all ate together. I had a BLAST!! Just spending time with Tina and her family is just what the doctor ordered. We enjoyed each other’s company until the working stiffs had to go to bed. Tony and I relaxed in Harry until we crashed. It was a GREAT day despite me fighting this cold or what ever it is.

December 11th
Carolina’s Notes
I woke up and felt weak so I decided to stay in bed longer. Tony gave me Tylenol 3 along with my other medicine to prevent my coughing spell at night…I was grateful! I must say that I didn’t miss that coughing spell. Tony wanted to get out and get ready for his phone interview so he left with my blessings. I fell asleep for another few hours and to my amazement it was almost noon. I woke up feeling better than I had in days. I decided to take my morning medicine with food and to get showered and dressed. I felt even better after the shower. I do hope that I turned a corner. I was sad to find out that Tina is starting to feel ill. She tells me that her family has been fighting colds, etc. too and she got what they had. Well, I not so sure but I hope she kicks it before she has to have her own health issues address. This procedure has been set for weeks and I sure don’t want anything to get into the way. Anyway, Tina and I will do something when she get home from work and gets herself ready for the evening. In the meantime, I’m going to take it easy by watching a chick flick.

Tony’s Notes
We are thoroughly enjoying visiting with Tina and her family. I had a great phone interview today, and I hope I get called for an onsite interview. This would be the type of employment I had been hoping to find. The job would involve a lot of travel, but would allow me to work from home when not at client sites.

I am starting to get the cold Carolina has had, despite trying to keep my distance. It is difficult to keep much distance when you are living in a 300 square foot home and sleeping in the same bed.

December 12th
Carolina’s Notes
Tony got up and got moving quickly. He dashed out to do laundry while I got myself showered and dressed. I decided to go for a walk around Tina’s neighborhood to get out pent up energy. Tina and John were leisurely getting ready to start the day so I took full advantage of my opportunity to walk.

Once we were all together, we visited around the kitchen table. I started to become restless so Tony suggested that we go out and grab lunch. Tina is much better at staying at home and fixing meals. Tony and I enjoy going out and this is a habit that needs to come to an end. Anyway we went out to eat and picked up some items for the evening family meal. We got back to Tina’s house and started fixing dinner and enjoying each other’s company.

Later in the evening Tony and John made a fire for us to enjoy. The weather didn’t cooperate but we made the best of it. It was our last night in Goldsboro so we were getting in our last hurrah. When Tina’s children arrived home from work we all partied together. We had to finally call it a night.

No comments:

Post a Comment